Application of The Cognitive Psychology in Mental Illness or Trauma
For this assignment, you will be expected to provide a brief draft of your final project. Using full APA style and format, including section headings based on each item and a reference list for any citations, provide a succinct but sufficient answer to the following four items:
· Proposed Research Paper: Please describe, in one paragraph, the specific topic you wish to investigate for your paper. It is understood that topics evolve and develop as one becomes more familiar with the existing literature. Give your best description of the topic as it exists at the present time.
· Need for the Study: Please summarize at least five articles from the existing research on your topic that support the need for your paper. These articles can be taken from your annotated bibliography but should not be in that format; the articles should be incorporated into an argument showing the need for your study. Please include an explicit statement of what is not yet known or is insufficiently known about your topic.
· Advancing Scientific Knowledge: Please describe in one paragraph how your research on the topic will advance scientific knowledge in your specialization within psychology. Be clear and specific.
· Theoretical Foundations: Please describe in one paragraph which psychological school of thought best supports your proposed research paper.
Then, provide a rationale by describing the underlying assumptions or key theories that support your topic.
· Length: Your topic selection submission assignment should be 1–2 typed, double-spaced pages (excluding the cover page and references list). Include page numbers, headings, and a running header.
· References: At least five peer-reviewed sources.
· Formatting: Use correct APA style and formatting, paying particular attention to citations and references.
· Font size and type: 12-point Times New Roman.
Review the Research Topic Scoring Guide to ensure you understand the grading criteria for this assignment.
Annotated Bio attached and prior assignment is attached